WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP STAFF AND CUSTOMERS SAFE?
Like all businesses, we have had to make a lot of changes to keep staff and customers safe Post Coronovirus Lockdown.
To the Government we are in the manufacturing sector, which means we are one of the first allowed back to work – hooray! Sadly, most of our customers are in education, events and hospitality and they will be in the last tranch of business sectors to re-open.
We are adapting and surviving in the way small businesses can.
- Our workshops are open to customers. We can still design your artwork over the telephone or by email, if you prefer this to visiting. We just ask that if you are feeling unwell you leave your visit until you are better.
- Customers can still collect their orders, but we ask for prior appointment.
- We care for the safety of our couriers too, they are now collecting from our premises, but sadly no more welcome pit stops for them at the moment.
- All staff have access to face masks and gloves.
- Each member of staff now have their own tools. No more sharing of pens, squeegees and weeding knives.
- Shared spaces such as the toilet are wiped down regularly with anti bac spray.
- Staff bring their own drinks and food.
- Shared machinery such as computers and printing equipment are either allocated to one member of staff for the day or are cleaned between change of use.
- Any member of staff who feels uncomfortable at any time knows they can speak up without fear or challenge.
We will continue to adapt as new knowledge about the Coronavirus becomes available but here is to a future of living with Covid!